Because I don’t have a prompt at the ready, I’m just gonna deal up some of the thoughts that went through my head this morning whilst sipping on Cuban coffee. For those of you playing at home, I only include the thoughts that weren’t screaming at me in Pig Latin.
Enjoyway ethay owshay!
- Designated Survivor sits atop my “Favorite Show” standings currently. It can be schmaltzy as all get out, but that’s okay. Because it has soul, characters I really love and a President I would vote for. Twice.
- When asked for my top three zombie apocalypse ‘must haves’ that do not include weapons, I went with cigarettes, bourbon and pain killers. Just because it’s the end of the world, doesn’t mean I can’t have fun with it.
- If Loyola wins it all, they’ll be the first true Cinderella team in the history of ‘March Madness’. Yet further proof that television knows how to sell perception . . do they ever.
- Speaking of mind control . . .The coming soon to HBO flick Fahrenheit 451 stars Michael B. Jordan as Guy Montag and Michael Shannon as Captain Beatty. I. Am. There
- I don’t do playlists any more.
- And I only listen to FM radio by mistake.
- Diana Dors didn’t get the acclaim of her contemporaries back in the day, and that’s a shame. Because this beauty brought a moody, sexy brilliance to her performances that I really dig.
- I plum forgot I have a Cuban sammy post to deal up. Monday it is!
- If Oprah was the host of The Price Is Right, every contestant would win a brand new car.
- Oh I get it now. Game of Thrones is gonna return every four years, like the Olympics!
- So Starbucks has to put a cancer warning on its java, but Cheetos doesn’t? Deep fried Styrofoam peanuts dusted in a mysterious powder . . no problemo. N’kay.
- Vera Farmiga is the only reason I will re-watch The Departed when I catch it on the tube.
- Sometimes I envy people who are under house arrest. Seriously.
- Chopsticks are for when you want to carry on a conversation. Forks are for when you’re hungry.
- I contemplated filling a Twinkie with peanut butter and jelly this morning, but I don’t have any Twinkies.
- Fun Fact: I once stole a payphone when I was in high school on a dare. I wish I would’ve held onto it, because it’s easier to find dinosaur fossils nowadays.
- Fun Fact 2: I stepped under the velvet rope to touch the Rosetta Stone at the British Museum in London. If it wouldn’t have been so dang heavy . . well.
- If not for Google, I wouldn’t know if Larry King was alive or dead.
- I never had an Instagram account, and I wonder if some day, my grand kids will find that remarkable.
- If I had a dollar for every time Laura Ingraham said something really shitty, Bill Gates would be borrowing money from me.
- Whatever happened to Bjork? And why do I care?
Welp, Imma tuck my voices into bed because they would rattle on for days if I let ’em. In closing, I would like to wish all my peeps a blessed Easter weekend. Be good to yourselves and each other.